We are delighted to confirm the 1st Reserved Matters application has now been submitted, the Council will now be asking for your comments. For ease, the link to the planning website is provided here.
The aim is to retain the semi-natural woodland character of the park with pockets of more open green space and footpaths meandering throughout, connecting to the new footbridge promoting the Council’s target for Active Travel. Enhanced habitats are provided with an area to the east designated as a Nature Priority Area. A variety of facilities are proposed;
• Pedestrian footbridge linking to town centre and Rodden Meadow
• Equipped play park with picnic area with a Teenage swing overlooking the park
• Pond for education, paddling and pond dipping
• Conversation Circle: circle of stones to encourage outdoor events
• Long Picnic Table: to be used by community for social events
• A Community Hut – place to shelter adjacent to the Nature Priority Area to be used for education purposes
• Boules court
• Community Orchard; providing fruit trees for shared fruit produce
• Community raised timber planters for community food and herb production.
• Water point - Free drinking water 24/7.
• Information / Interpretation Boards for nature and ecology
• Public Bike Tools and Pump
• Indicative Café to overlook the playpark and community facilities, to be submitted in the next reserved matters application
Thank you to all of those who attended our public consultation and provided their feedback. We look forward to continuing our engagement with you.